With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, green is likely on your mind. But what about green as it pertains to the footprint you leave on the planet - as in "going green" or living a sustainable lifestyle? We tend to think that's the most important type of green to keep in mind. It's never too late to start changing your habits to lessen your impact on the environment, because even the simplest of things can make a big difference! Below are some of the ways we go green at our spa every day of the year. Hopefully they'll inspire you to live a more sustainable lifestyle too!
How Girl on the Go! Night Spa goes green every day of the year:
• We introduced a Product Recycling Program; customer's can return empty product containers to the spa and we will ship them back to the manufacturer to be reused
• We recycle all applicable waste products, including plastic, glass, and aluminum
• We buy in bulk to reduce our overall waste consumption
• We use non-toxic, eco-friendly cleaning products exclusively at the spa
• All of the skincare lines that we carry are free of harmful chemicals and additives; we carry one skincare line, Ilike, that is 100% plant-based and raw, and our nail polish line, Zoya, is vegan and formaldehyde-free
• We support woman-owned small businesses through the retail merchandise that we sell - Often Wander candles, Backward Prints clothing and cards, Ardent Reverie jewelry, and Lavish essential oils
• We worked with the City of San Diego to install bike racks in front of our building and give 10% off all services to clients who ride their bike to the spa
• We offer discounted gym memberships to our employees to incentive an active, healthy lifestyle
• Throughout the year we make donations to a variety of charities in San Diego working to make the city a more equitable and beautiful place for everyone
Have an idea on how we can do even better? Please leave us a comment with your suggestions!